CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 18, 2009

ATC & Mom Practice

This weekend I went with to the other new board ladies from PWOC (Women's Group at the Chapel) to our Annual Training Conference (ATC).

We attended classes for our different board positions. (I'm doing Participation again this upcoming year because I simply enjoyed it this past year.) And we bonded. I can't wait to serve God and the ladies of Mannheim alongside these new friends. So many of my friends are PCSing (military moves) this summer- and without a so much as a blink I see God taking care of my social and spiritual need of fellowship and has provided new friends (not that they replace the old ones- but simply add even more joy to my day, and facebooking).
So I was gone Friday through Sunday afternoon and had a BBQ to go to about 3 minutes after I walked in the door with my suitcase. I had left my loving husband a page and a half letter on Word on his computer (where there is no way he could miss it) with requests for laundry to be done, the dishwasher to be unloaded, a detailed shopping list,etc. He had all weekend- and all he was able to do was pay the phone bill. (*Sigh*- I do love him, I just wish he didn't feel the need to show me just how much he loves and needs me...)
Anyhoo... we have a friend who has twin 7 year old girls and he is on a trip for work this week so... GUESS...WHAT????!!!
I get to practice my mom skills for the whole week ! (Okay, all you moms out there, this is a new experience for me so it is still a big novelty and fun, fun, fun.) And yes, I already have plans for baking cookies, a pizza night, crafts, we started "The Tale of Despereaux" as the bedtime story last night, and time at the park is scheduled. (Can you tell I am just eating this all up?) Speaking of eating- I probably should go to the commissary since we have no food (remember that ignored Honey-Do list I left Rob?) and I have hungry little girls staying here now.
I'm sure there will be plenty of more blog entries and pictures as the week progresses- but let me share one of Glory & Grace displaying their artwork before we headed off to school this morning.

0 comments: