CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

A Lake Monster?

On Saturday I talked to my mom who was talking about finally having a view of a lake again (they are building a house on Angle Lake near SeaTac Airport). She had mentioned that the other day it was all smooth and still like a mirror but that that day there were a few ripples.

Then she went on to say that my dad had gotten up to go to work at 4am. When she woke up a couple hours later she noticed the telescope had been set up aimed at the lake. We both wondered if Dad could have noticed something in the lake that needed closer inspection. And could those ripples actually be something moving under the surface of the water and not merely the wind?
Well, yesterday Rob and I went to see "The Water Horse". It is a cute almost "Free Willy" like movie about how the Loch Ness Monster came to be known. And now I am convinced that there just must be an Angle Lake Monster (shall we call her Angie?) living in there. What other explanation could there be, right?
(The movie just confirmed my suspicions and served as reasearch back-up.) And if there were a lot of ripples I wonder if she doesn't have her own litter of baby monsters. I will have to get some more updates from my folks and will keep you posted. And then I will be brave and go for a swim there myself when I go visiting there this July in an attempt to befriend Angie. Until then we'll have to see if local Enquirer has any news! Oh, how exciting!

0 comments: