CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Garmisch Time

I know I told you I would only be away 10 days and I've been home a whole week and haven't blogged.
So, anyway....
My friend Tiffany and I went to help watch kids during two different conferences at the Edelwiess Lodge in Garmisch- room and meals included. We decided to stay over and pay for our own room over the weekend linking the two different conferences. (Actually we stayed in a heated rustic cabin over the weekend-- at $30 less a night than a hotel room-- and rented "The Great Outdoors" from the library to watch since it was so fitting-- Great idea, Tiffany!)

While there:
Tiffany and I became friends (we had never gotten together before this trip- boy am I glad we got along so well!), I tried skiing for the first time (not my sport it turned out since the ski boots were killing me), we got hot stone massages and facials, banged my knee while doing cartwheels... in the snow... in flipflops ( I know, I know. But it was SNOWing!) , went shopping downtown, had an 80's night!, watched the Virginia Military Institute (VMI) Jazz Band preform, walked along a frozen river gorge, watched "Valley Girl", and drove to Vaduz, Lichtenstein and through St. Gallen, Switzerland with a stop at the Bodensee and Starbucks for a city/country mug from there. (We even went through a tunnel over 10 miles long-- GPS was out for that long at least!)
Anyhoo... enjoy the pictures. (Tiffany took most of them, so I may have more once we get around to swapping images.)

0 comments: