CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Birthday and Age Confusion

I love birthdays. Anniversaries are cool, too, sharing in the love you have for your spouse and all- but birthdays? Man, it's my own little holiday celebrating- ME!! and it is all, all mine.

But that brings me to my little dilemma- is today really my birthday? See I was born in Seattle- at 3:25pm Pacific Standard Time. Well, being here in Germany where there is a 9 hour jump into the future from Seattle, that would make it after mid-night. So is my birthday technically tomorrow by German standards? Or is it today, being a Washingtonian and all according to the tax people I will be seeing once all that W-2, 10-99 stuff comes in the mail? I guess I better embrace both my legal and technical place (and time) of residence and celebrate both, huh?
Whew, glad that's figured out.
Anyhoo... birthday happenings:
Went out for Greek food last night with "the girls". Having dinner with more friends tonight. (Should be a lot of fun.) Going to see the play "Thoroughly Modern Millie" in Heidelberg tomorrow night.
Oh, funny story: So the middle schoolers I volunteer with were trying to guess how old I would be turning this birthday. One of the girls had seen some of my friends shopping earlier in the day for my b-day gift (and these friends shall remain nameless since I've already been getting the evil eye whenever I tell this story.) Well, this girl said something to the effect of "Oh, I think I saw your mom at the PX today." How old did she think I am? Or how old did she think my friends are? Anyhoo... this made for great laughs last night at dinner and I now have another "mom". hehe.

2 comments:

Kilgo4 said...

I will happily be called MOM by you. I love you dearly! Happy Birthday, beautiful!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday.. we should have a week long birthday week.. ending next Friday in France!.. No comment to the "mom" reference!