CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 9, 2009

Rob-mania

No, you didn't read that title wrong. A week ago my train and plane ticket might have read I was heading to Romania- but when I got there and was able to see Rob after 2 1/2 months, well... it was more like Robmania. We had a BLAST!
The going and coming wasn't fun (it was 2 trains and 2 planes to get there and then the same to come home)- but well worth it.
We went to some 2000+ year old ruins, drove out to a palace and Bran Castle (aka Dracula's Castle) and learned a little bit of history about Count Dracula the man, went the a quaint restaurant where we had yummy dinner, tried a traditional Romanian dessert and drank a bottle of red wine from a vineyard only 15 miles away (drove to the vineyard but they were closed) saw downtown Constanta and waded in the Black Sea. I also got a limited edition bottle of Dracula red wine, a bag, a hand loomed shawl (that Rob had bought for me even before I got there), and a traditional style blouse.
Oh, and did I mention that I got to see my wonderful husband who had been away from me since mid-July? Yep, that was the BEST part. Only a few more weeks and he'll be home again- where he belongs.
Romania was great, enjoy the pics:

0 comments: