CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Another lil' catch up

So, I am behind a bit in the blogging world. This is part lazy and part busy. Last weekend we went camping in Garmisch with some friends for the 4th of July 4 day weekend. While we did have fun- it would have been much better had we had not quite so much rain. Breaking camp in the rain is VERY un-fun, by the way. We had to reset up the tents later to dry out. We did spend a nice 4th going to Fernsteinsee in Austria. It is a cute little lake with an island hiding a castle ruin at its top in the middle. There were fish, swans, ducks, cows and a nice trail going all the way around for us. The rain only started once we reached the cars to head back so it worked out nicely. Here is a pic of our group at the castle ruin on the island: In more recent news-
On Friday we went to the fest that is going on over here and we payed to throw ping pongs at glasses to see if we could win them by getting one to land inside. Well, I am proud to say I won one of those difficult to get steins. Me! Not Rob (he got one last year- only not as nice as mine to tell you the truth.) I won!!
On Saturday we went to K-Town to check out the progress of the new mall they are opening. Not all of it was open- but we were able to have a late lunch at the new Maccaroni Grill (oh, we will definelty be making that a regular bi-weekly date! yum, yum)
Today (Sunday) I saw Rob off for his little work trip. Then I packed myself and saw the fireworks (for the end of the fest) with my friend Angie. Now I have only a few hours before I head to the airport to await my flight to Seattle- for 2 months!! Definetly potential for more exciting posts in the future... stay tuned folks! =)

0 comments: