CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Okay, I got tired off waiting to get on a military flight and broke down and got a regular ticket to come home. I'll be back in Washington by dinnertime Wednesday! I can't wait. I have today to clean up the house so Rob isn't left with dirty dishes and I can get a new ID card since mine expires soon.
At least this way I won't have to try for a flight back to Germany in August. I know I can simply enjoy my time while on vacation-- until August 19th! That's more than a month to visit with family and friends and see Lindsey & Kristen's little babies! (Do I sound just a little excited?-- Well, I am super stoked!) The only down side is going over a month without Rob. I know it is do-able (hey, how do you think we survived 2 year-long deployments, huh?) But I definitely wish Rob could have taken leave to come (which he technically did get approved for but then "Dave" decided he needed the leave time more than Rob did- *arrrg!*)
Oh well, at least I will get to go shopping and prepare for our cruise next month (just wait, I'll tell you more about our upcoming cruise in a later post. For now....
All I can think about is getting to go back to WA for a while. =)

0 comments: