CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

My parents: Criminals & Homeless!

Back ground: My parents sold my childhood home on Lake Sawyer last summer and were renting a house while their new one is being built on Angel Lake in Seattle. The garage with a one bedroom apartment above it was to be completed first so they could move in there while the larger house was being built and they wouldn't be paying rent and a mortgage at the same time. So as of last week they were living in the mother-in-law style garage/apartment.

But when I called last week my mom told me they didn't have the final inspection done to get the city's OK to be living in it yet. (There was some delays and this just somehow hadn't been done yet.) So they had to hide the shampoo bottles and anything else making it look like they were living there and left if they new construction workers or people from the city were coming to check things. So, technically... my parents were criminals and acting like Squatters on their own land!
Well yesterday, calling to tell them of my trip to London I found out that the inspection was done and did not pass! So the door was taped off until some very minor, silly things were done and they could come back out to inspect it again. So my parents are having to stay in a hotel until either later today or tomorrow, but for now, technically... they are homeless!

0 comments: