CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 21, 2008

"Frankly, my dear..."

Here we are with the Tower Bridge behind us in London. We flew in at 8:30 and had the morning to collect some smashed coins (from the machines that smash them and put a design on pennies- I LOVE those!) We also went to the Tower of London and across the New London Bridge. Then it was off to Drury Lane. (Sorry, I was hunting down a smashed coin machine and didn't have time to travel all of Drury Lane in search of the Muffin Man. ) and off to see "Gone with the Wind- The Musical" at the New LondonTheatre (pictured here). We both agreed that we had the best seats there. I bought a pin and have plans on making an apron I saw at the gift shop that I knew I could make with an even better design for less than they were asking for in pounds. The show ended at 6:15 and we had a flight at 8 with about an hour tube ride. As the applause started we hurried out hoping we wouldn't miss the flight and have to find a room for the night. Surprisingly we made it there before they had even started boarding and were back home in Mannheim before midnight! It was a whirlwind day, when I asked Rob what he thought of it all he said he enjoyed himself. I bet if I had asked Rhett though I know what he would have replied-"Frankly, my dear I don't give a ...." . Well, Fiddle-dee-dee!

0 comments: